BUY OBESITY BILLING WEBINAR HERE —https://gohealthcarewebinars.com/obesity-medical-billing
Medical Obesity Services Medical Coding and Billing RECORDED WEBINAR
What’s Inside the RECORDED Webinar?
“Obesity, a common and costly health issue, affects more than one-third of adults and 17 percent of youth in the United States. “ – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
By the numbers, 78 million adults and 12 million children are obese—figures many regard as an epidemic. Being obese increases the risk for heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes—the first, fourth and seventh leading causes of death, respectively—and contributes to more than one in five cancer-related deaths. Obesity-related health care spending continues to grow, with researchers estimating medical costs at $147 billion annually, including $7 billion for Medicare prescription drugs.
The American Medical Association recognized obesity as a disease in 2013 and the American Academy of Pediatrics recommended obesity prevention, assessment and patient counseling in 2007.
Medicare first recognized obesity as a medical condition in 2004 and began covering interventions when scientific evidence demonstrated their effectiveness. In 2011, Medicare issued a Coverage Decision memorandum outlining requirements for intensive behavioral counseling and therapy for beneficiaries affected by obesity.
1. Apply Accurate and Proper Billing and Coding for Behavioral Obesity Services
2. Understand the Medicare and Different Commercial Insurance Reimbursement Billing, Coding Policy, Determination and Utilization Guidelines
3. Understand the levels of Problem-Focused Evaluation and Management and Time-based Behavioral Counseling
4. Understand Proper Documentation for Obesity Counseling Services
5. Describe Incident to Physician’s Billing in a Primary Care Setting to Non-Physician Providers (Nurse Practitioner and Physician Assistant)
6. Describe the role of a Dietician or Nutritionist
7. Discover additional services to maximize reimbursement for
8. Obesity Services performed in a Primary Care Setting
9. Understand different scenarios in the practice with Obesity Services
10. Telehealth Medicine Encounter
12. Medical Nutrition Therapy (Dieticians and Nutritionists)
Who Should Attend this Webinar?
Primary Care Providers:
Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist
Pain Management Physicians
PM & R Physicians
1. The presenter will be discussing a lot of information to enhance your knowledge and skill:
2. Our 3 Goals for the Practice
3. Is Practice Eligible to get Reimbursed for Obesity Services with Medicare?
4. Exploring Medicare’s Guidelines for Behavioral Obesity Counseling Services
5. Is Your Specialty Properly listed with your Contracted Payors?
6. Primary Care Provider Setting versus Non-Primary Care Setting
7. Obesity Screening
8. Obesity Counseling
9. Obesity Treatment
10. Operation, Cash Flow and Revenue Cycle:
Out of Network
Patients Copays, Coinsurance and Deductible
Separate EIN / NPI or Company for Obesity Services Practice?
Dealing with Benefits and Eligibility for Obesity Behavioral Counseling Services
Eligible Place of Service
5As Approach Adopted by the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF)
Procedural Coding for Behavioral Obesity Counseling Services
Diagnosis Coding for Behavioral Obesity Services
Evaluation and Management Encounters with Comorbidity
Patient with Preexisting Medical Problem
50% of Time Spent for Behavioral Counseling services
ICD-10 Diagnosis Coding for Behavioral Obesity Counseling
Procedural CPT Coding for Behavioral Obesity Counseling
Preventive Medicine Services
Proper Use of Modifiers for Obesity Services Encounter
Medicare and Commercial Payers’ Guidelines
Ancillary Services Provider / Non-Physician Providers
BUY RECORDED WEBINAR HERE: https://gohealthcarewebinars.com/obesity-medical-billing
medicare obesity counseling codes, obesity counseling guidelines, primary care, intensive behavioral therapy for obesity medicare, 99401 reimbursement, medicare obesity counseling reimbursement, g0447 modifier, billing g0447 to medicare